ONLY 2 SEATS LEFT!
This class is divided into three parts.
Part 1 The World of Whisky
A discussion of whiskies made across the world. You will hear the history, learn the stories, and taste the end results. When you walk away, you will be able to hold a knowledgeable discussion with any whisky drinker anywhere in the world.
Part 2 The Art of Public Speaking
We will teach you the fine art of getting and holding attention, storytelling, and creating a confident presentation of the deep, broad knowledge you hold in your head. Passing on the passion and romance of whisky is all about stories.
Part 3 Marketing of Upscale Products
How do you sell upscale products or services, especially in our changing economy? The same way successful people always have: with language that has a sense of glamor, mystery, and magic; with messaging that doesn’t just tell people “what,” or “how,” but strongly communicates “why.” We will take you through this section focused on writing and communicating the glamor of whisky.
HOW WE TEACH
Our class instruction is based on the Trivium, a systematic method of critical thinking and education.
The Three Parts of Class Instruction
- Grammar – History of and Technical Information on Whiskies from around the World
- Rhetoric – Public Presentation and the Art of Storytelling
- Logic – How to Market and Promote Upscale Products and Glamor
You are tested on 3 different components for certification. You must pass each level with approval from our instructors to receive your certification and be eligible to move on to the next level.
Three Parts of Testing
- Written – Demonstration of knowledge of whisky, its process and its history.
- Oral – Public Presentation Skills
- Practical Tasting – Physical tasting test of whisky
Certification – Testing Details
- Part One: History and Practical Knowledge of the primary whisky regions from around the world including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, and Japan (written test requiring 80% passing grade)
- Public Speaking and Storytelling (verbal presentation judged on 5 separate requirements)
- Palate Competency Test (tasting test of 36 different whiskies)