A resort is where you go to have it all.
A retreat is where you go to get away from it all.
Engelbrecht House and Spence Manor are a retreat, not a resort.
1. These aren’t hotel rooms, they’re finely furnished dorm rooms.
2. Consequently, there is no room service. (We’re a school, not a bed and breakfast. But there will always be food in the kitchen that you can serve yourself for breakfast. Lunch and dinner are brought in from fine restaurants on class days.)
3. There are no phones in the rooms, so bring your cell phone.
4. There are no televisions in the rooms.
5. All our rooms are STRICTLY non-smoking. Smoking is permitted in the courtyard only.
6. You will have WiFi.
7. Your room has plenty of bath towels, hand towels and washcloths.
8. There is a large kitchen to which you will have 24-hour access.
9. When you return to your room in the evening, you’ll find it exactly as you left it in the morning. We clean only after you check out.
Expect it to be like staying in a hotel and you’ll be disappointed. Expect it to be like staying in old European castle and you’ll be delighted beyond words. Enough said.